- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Sunshine Slaw with Lemon-Lime Dressing
Posted by Olivia on Thu, April 28, 2011
Having received our recent line of gourmet mustards, we’ve been excited to get cooking with them in the kitchen. Earlier in the week was grilled steak, and of course we wanted to balance that with some yummy vegetables. Today, a fresh coleslaw with our Meyer Lemon Wasabi Mustard, made into a sweet and citrusy dressing that works great with the vegetables.
“Forget your troubles, c’mon get happy!” feels like the mantra for this delightful spring salad. It’s got color, crunch, and sunshine-ey flavor. We ate it and felt happy!
4 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cups thinly julienne carrots
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
½ cup chopped fresh parsley (or mint or cilantro)
1/3 cup Lime Olive Oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Meyer Lemon Wasabi Mustard
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine cabbage, carrots, onion, and herbs in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a separate small bowl. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss well to coat. Serve immediately or chill for several hours for flavors to fully develop.
Makes about 4 servings.