- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Smoked Cheddar and Basil Bacon Melts
Posted by Olivia on Wed, May 25, 2011
You may have seen this recipe in our May Catalog that just went out--it's a keeper! Try this one out for weekends on the patio or a movie night with your buddies.
4 tablespoons Basil Parmesan Oil, divided
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
24 thin slices zucchini
12 slices bacon, cooked soft-crisp, halved
8 slices smoked cheddar cheese
2 ciabatta rolls, halved
Dried or fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss tomatoes and zucchini with 3 tablespoons oil; arrange evenly on a baking sheet. Roast until slightly browned and juicy, about 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside. Raise oven to broiler setting.
- Arrange the sandwiches: Place 4 halves of Ciabatta rolls on baking sheet. Top each with 2 slices cheese, 6 slices zucchini, 4 pieces bacon, and 6 tomato halves. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over sandwiches.
- Place under broiler and cook until cheese is just melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Makes 4 sandwiches.