- Roasted Corn Slaw with Cilantro Jalapeno Pesto
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Posted by Olivia on Mon, September 12, 2011
Sweet, tart, and popping with bright flavor, these soaked cherries are versatile for all your seasonal recipes.
Spoon over ice cream (did you know we make Olive Oil Ice Cream?), over grilled fruits, over roasted and grilled meats, or spooned into yogurt or whipped cream for a summer parfait.
1/2 pound fresh cherries, pitted, halved
¼ cup Sherry Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup water or cherry juice
1 tablespoon sherry or port, optional
- Combine cherries, vinegar, water, and sherry in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until cherries are softened and plump, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve warm or chilled.
Makes about 2 cups.