- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Roasted Root Vegetables
Posted by Olivia on Mon, February 22, 2010
This is simple, fresh cooking at its best--an easy side dish, perfect alongside chicken, fish or tofu, or alternatively, a satisfying vegetarian entree when tossed with whole wheat pasta and goat cheese. I like to make a double batch on a rainy Sunday afternoon and eat it all week. Oh, and it makes your kitchen smell fabulous.
2 sweet potatoes/yams scrubbed and diced
10 fingerling potatoes scrubbed, halved and cut into large chunks
1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 medium winter or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
a few sprigs of rosemary, sage, flat-leaf parsley or all three
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread vegetables and herbs over a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss, using hand to ensure all vegetables are coated.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.