- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Panzanella (Tuscan Tomato & Bread Salad)
Posted by Olivia on Wed, November 11, 2009
4-5 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into large cubes or wedges
½ pound stale country-style Italian bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 8 cups)
1 ¼ cups thinly sliced red onions
2 teaspoons minced garlic
¼ cup The Olive Press Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup The Olive Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed, washed and spun dry, torn into pieces
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bread, and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the bread salad and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the basil and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.