- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Orecchiette with Lemon Pepper Sauce and Wilted Greens
Posted by Olivia on Tue, June 14, 2011
We’re always looking for ways to lighten up traditional recipe faves, and Italian cuisine is one of our most beloved cuisines to experiment with. This weekend, we were craving a warm, comforting pasta without all the cream and heaviness of a cheesy kind of dish (though we are nuts about lasagna!), so we came up with this delightful little recipe.
We used our new grilling sauce, Lemon Pepper Herb, in lieu of a regular pasta sauce. Why? It’s full of everything that we’d want to go into an artisanal Italian dish: lemon juice, roasted garlic, olive oil, and lots of savory spice. It’s made for the grill but perfectly at home on a plate of pasta. With the ear-shaped orecchiette noodles to hold the sauce, and a few healthy handfuls of nutrient-dense arugula, this pasta dish came together in just 10 minutes flat.
Served with a glass of wine and perhaps a side of soup or stewed beans, this dish will do you just right for a Meatless Monday dinner.
1 pound orecchiette
4 cups arugula
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add orecchiette and cook until al dente, about 9 to 10 minutes. Add arugula to pot; cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Drain; transfer orecchiette and arugula back to pot.
- Add grilling sauce and lemon juice; toss until well coated. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.