- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Olive Oil-Cranberry Pancakes with Ricotta
Posted by Olivia on Mon, May 03, 2010
Here's a delicious, unique and healthy pancake recipe that will surely knock your socks off! Whip these up and serve with mimosas for the ultimate brunch.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsps sugar
2 tbsps baking powder
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup ricotta plus more for garnish
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk in the egg, buttermilk and 2 thsps olive oil until the batter is smooth, then stir in the ricotta, pine nuts, cranberries and cinnamon.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat. Ladle one-fourth cup of the pancake batter into the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side, 1 to 2 more minutes. Place the pancakes in a warm oven until all are cooked and ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil to the pan as needed.
- Garnish with more ricotta and honey or syrup, if desired.