- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Mango-Avocado Salad with Lime Dressing
Posted by Olivia on Fri, June 18, 2010
What better way to welcome warm weather than this luscious, flavorful salad? I love it with light, crispy tofu, but it's also delicious with grilled fish, chicken or prawns.
2 ripe mangos, diced
2 ripe avocado, diced
4 carrots, peeled and shredded
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 scallions, sliced
1 red onion, diced
1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
8 oz. tofu, cubed
1 fresh lime, juiced
2 tbsp Lime Olive Oil
2 tsp sugar, honey or agave nectar
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat Delicate Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Fry tofu for 2-3 minutes on 2 sides until crisp and brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together lime juice, Lime Olive Oil, sugar/honey and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. In a salad bowl, toss together avocado, mango, carrots, onions, scallions, tomatoes, and mint. Toss with dressing and transfer to a serving bowl or platter.
- Top salad with tofu and peanuts.