- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Luscious Lavender Brownies
Posted by Olivia on Wed, December 01, 2010
'Tis the season to give, gift, and bake, and we've got all of the above covered!
What better way to give and gift than giving the gift of baked goods? We think you know where we're going with this here--holiday baking recipes!
That's right, continuing with our holiday recipe special, we've got another delightful one lined up for you: Luscious Lavender Brownies. They're baked with our very own Master Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a blend of our 3 award-winning oils: Mission, Asconalo, and Sevillano. The olive oil makes for a moist, soft texture that just melts into pure cocoa powder, resulting in a luxurious and luscious brownie. To top it off, we've used culinary lavender sugar, also available through our shop, which gives that special hint of flowers and aroma to the mix. A delight!
1 cup Culinary Lavender Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup unbleached white flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. In a separate large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture; blend until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake 20 to 23 minutes, until the edges begin to pull away from the pan. Cool, slice, and serve.
Makes 9 large or 16 small brownies.