- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Limonato Ice Cream
Posted by Olivia on Thu, April 15, 2010
When our Limonato Olive Oil won the top 3 Medals at the Yolo County Fair, I felt the need to celebrate...and what makes celebration sweeter than ice cream? This luscious, lemony, creamy ice cream is refreshing and indulgent at the same time. Sandwich between ginger snaps or simply serve in a bowl as is.
3 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
6 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Limonato Olive Oil
juice and zest of 1 Meyer lemon
pinch of sea salt
- Using a whisk, beat together eggs and sugar until light in color, thick and frothy.
- Combine milk and cream in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat, making sure it does not boil, until heated through. Add milk-cream mixture slowly to egg-sugar mixture (1/2 cup at a time),, whisking together. Once combined, return mixture to the saucepan and whisk over medium heat to thicken custard. Add the Limonato Olive Oil, juice, zest and salt.
- Cool mixture completely and freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.