- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Jalapeno Cilantro Potato Salad
Posted by Olivia on Mon, May 16, 2011
What would a spring picnic be without the traditional potato salad? It would be sad, no doubt. That’s why we’ve been working day and night (well, maybe just a little during the day) to perfect the ultimate potato salad recipe. Using our Gold Award-Winning Jalapeno Olive Oil and our new gourmet mustards, we came up with a potato salad recipe that we fell in love with!
Our Jalapeno Cilantro Potato Salad is a total crowd-pleaser: it’s soft, creamy, zippy, and just a bit peppy. Oh, and we made it without any butter, mayonnaise, or dairy at all, so it’s what you might even call healthy! We call it yummy in the tummy. The dressing is a mustard vinaigrette made of our Jalapeno Olive Oil, olive-luscious Dijon Olive Mustard, and super smooth White Balsamic Vinegar. And don’t be afraid of the heat from the jalapenos—the flavor is so mild that it gives the dish a sweet smoky flavor, rather than a spicy burn.
We hope you’ve got a picnic basket and blanket packed in the car, because we are rolling out the picnic recipes—more to come soon!
2 large potatoes (about 1 ½ pounds), scrubbed, chopped
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup Jalapeno Olive Oil
3 tablespoons Dijon Olive Mustard
3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cool slightly.
- Combine potatoes with eggs, cilantro, onion, and garlic in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl until completely smooth. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for a few hours for flavors to combine.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.