- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Posted by Olivia on Mon, April 05, 2010
This delicious guacamole is accented by spicy Olio Diavolo, which has roasted California chilis, red pepper flakes and a hint of cumin--the perfect flavor companion for creamy avocadoes. This easy dip comes together in just minutes, making it the perfect appetizer to serve at that last-minute cocktail party.
4 hass avocados
1 large tomato, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
2 jalapeño chillies with seeds (more or less, depending on tolerance for heat)
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp Olio Diavolo
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the flesh of the avocados roughly and place in a mixing bowl. Use a fork or potato masher to mash (leaving some chunks). Gently stir in the other chopped ingredients. Scoop into a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips or freshly cut vegetables.
Makes about 2 cups.