- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Lemons
Posted by Olivia on Sat, November 21, 2009
½ cup MARQUESA Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 2 Tablespoons for the lemons
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup thyme leaves, roughly chopped
2 racks of lamb, 8 chops each, trimmed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
9 lemons, cut in half crosswise
Sprigs of oregano and dill, for garnish
- Whisk together oil, garlic and thyme in a shallow large baking dish.
- Add the chops and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate for 1 to 1 ½ hours in the refrigerator. Remove the chops from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- Heat grill to high and grill the chops for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove and rest for 2 minutes. Slice into individual chops.
- Brush the cut side of the lemons with the oil and grill, cut side down, on high for 1 minute. Turn lemons 45 degrees to make hatch marks and remove.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the platter of chops. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh sprigs of oregano and dill. Serve the remaining grilled lemons on the platter with the chops.