- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Grilled Apricots with Ricotta and Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
Posted by Olivia on Tue, May 11, 2010
Can you think of anything more wonderful than sitting outside on a warm summer evening, sipping chilled white wine or beer, and eating these gorgeous little treats? I qualify them as dessert but they’re savory enough to join a dinner spread as a side dish
8 ripe apricots
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
2 tbsp Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
black pepper to taste
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. If using grill pan, brush with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Split the apricots in half lengthwise, discarding the pit. Grill flesh-side down for 3-5 minutes or until grill-marks appear and the fruit softens slightly. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Drizzle the apricots grilled side lightly with the balsamic vinegar. Top each one with a dollop of ricotta and freshly-cracked black pepper.
Makes 16 halves