- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Fig Balsamic Barbeque Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Wed, March 30, 2011
Can we just say – wow. You are going to smother this barbeque sauce over everything on the picnic table.
2 tablespoons Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ red onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup tomato paste
¼ cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ cup water
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until softened, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and chili powder; stir until well mixed. Whisk in water; season to taste. Bring to a boil, whisking; lower to a simmer and cook until mixture has thickened to fully coat the back of a spoon, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate up to two weeks.
Makes about 1 cup.