- Roasted Corn Slaw with Cilantro Jalapeno Pesto
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Cumin-Dusted Sweet Potato Fries with Lime Aioli
Posted by Olivia on Thu, January 27, 2011
Sweet potato fries remain a restaurant side dish fave, whether you’re ordering a juicy burger or a roasted rack of lamb. There’s something so appetizing about them—sweet, salty sticks of yummy, spiced fries. They’re purely addicting!
Here’s an at-home fresh twist for sweet potato fries you will love! They’re tossed in buttery, sweet Sevillano Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and baked (not fried) with a dusting of cumin and sea salt. Out of the oven crisp-soft and golden, they are mixed with feta cheese and fresh mint, a refreshing and lighter alternative to the parmesan or cheesy cheddar fries you might get at a restaurant. To top it all off, there’s a lime aioli dipping sauce, made with yogurt and our Lime Olive Oil, instead of the usual heavy mayonnaise.
We’re pumping out the nutritious recipes this year, and this one is a great start. Enjoy your healthy indulgence!
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons Sevillano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup minced fresh mint
¼ cup crumbled feta
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 tablespoon Lime Olive Oil
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Scrub sweet potatoes; peel if desired. Cut into long ¼-inch thick matchsticks.
- Combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange evenly on a large baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, about 25 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the aioli: Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To serve, toss fries with mint and feta; serve with aioli sauce.
Makes 4 sides.