- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Clementine French Toast
Posted by Olivia on Thu, September 02, 2010
Delicately fragrant Clementine Olive Oil gives this gorgeous French toast a unique accent. Serve with fresh butter and real maple syrup for a decadent breakfast treat.
8 slices good brioche or challah, about 1" thick
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp Clementine Olive Oil
2 tbsp sugar
Butter, for frying
- Whisk together the egg, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, Clementine Olive Oil and sugar.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg-milk mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Work in batches if necessary.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup.