- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Posted by Olivia on Thu, April 29, 2010
These fragrant little bundles of goodness will have your house smelling divine for hours. Perfect for breakfast or with a cup of coffee or tea for an afternoon snack, I frequently find myself craving these moist, fluffy treats. Make a double batch and freeze them so that a hot, fresh muffin is never far from reach.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Clementine Citrus Oil
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together Clementine Citrus Oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange and buttermilk in a separate mixing bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in cranberries. Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters full. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean (20-24 minutes). Let the pan sit for 5 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Makes 12-16 muffins, depending in size.