- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Fudgy Olive Oil Brownies
Posted by Olivia on Tue, July 26, 2011
1 cup sugar
½ cup Mission Olive Oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup unbleached white flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. In a separate large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture; blend until just mixed. Stir in nuts if using.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake 20 to 23 minutes, until the edges begin to pull away from the pan. Cool, slice, and serve.
Makes 9 large or 16 small brownies.