- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Chipotle Turkey Burgers with Summer Fruit Salsa
Posted by Olivia on Wed, June 15, 2011
This weekend, serve a Father’s Day feast that’s great for the barbecue as well as the heart. Forgo the usual beef burgers (and the fat and cholesterol that comes with them) and instead try out our recipe for Chipotle Turkey Burgers. We promise; Pop won’t be disappointed.
Made with our new Smoky Chipotle Grilling Sauce, these burgers look and taste like beef burgers, and they hold up perfectly to the grill. Topped with a fresh summer fruit salsa, heart-healthy avocados, and served on a whole grain bun, these prove that you can have your bold, hearty burger and eat it, too. This is one manly burger that the whole family will appreciate.
1 pound lean ground turkey
¼ cup Smoky Chipotle Grilling Sauce, plus extra for serving
1 mango, diced
1 peach, diced
¼ cup diced red onion
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon Blood Orange Olive Oil
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
2 avocados, sliced
4 whole grain buns
- Preheat grill to medium. Combine ground turkey and grilling sauce in a large bowl; mix with hands until well combined. Form mixture into 4 patties. Place on grill and cook until done, about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, prepare to salsa: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well and set aside.
- Assemble the burgers: Layer ¼ cup cabbage, ½ avocado on bottom bun. Top with 1 burger and slather with a bit of grilling sauce. Top with salsa and top bun; repeat with remaining burgers and serve immediately.
Makes 4 burgers.