- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Balsamic-Spiked Fiesta Black Bean Hummus
Posted by Olivia on Mon, February 27, 2012
Our balsamic vinegar-spiked black bean dip recipe is perfect for all you hummus lovers out there. Try this recipe in place of your traditional formula, which normally includes garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and parsley. Here, black beans, lime juice, and fresh cilantro take regular hummus to the next level—and an unexpected splash of balsamic vinegar brings out the sweet, earthy flavors of the ingredients.
Enjoy this vegetarian side with pitas, chips, and layered taco dips. Better yet, smear it over tortillas and fill with seared vegetables for a fiber and protein packed burrito.
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons Arbequina Olive Oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon White Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; puree until smooth. Season to taste and enjoy.
Makes about 4 servings