- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Leftover Easter Egg & Hummus Salad
- Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Spring Lamb Leg, Chickpea, Cucumber & Feta Salad from Plats du Jour
Balsamic-Soaked Berries with Sweet Cream
Posted by Olivia on Fri, February 11, 2011
In keeping with our Valentine’s Day-inspired recipes, we’ve got a dessert recipe that’s bound to satisfy.
We’ve taken the romantic favorite dessert, strawberries and cream, and revamped it in The Olive Press style. Fresh berries soak in one of our newest balsamic vinegar creations, Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, for an unbelievably sweet-tart marinade. Imagine a glass of full, ripe Zinfandel—now imagine being able to eat that glass of Zinfandel. That’s what you get with these berries. Delightful! Topped with a sweet vanilla cream, these berries couldn’t get any more romantic if they tried.
2 tablespoons Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 pint strawberries, halved
¼ cup Mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add strawberries and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Whisk together Mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, place a few berries in a serving glass. Top with a dollop of sweet Mascarpone cream.
Makes 4 small servings.