Salami Pizza with Olio Nuovo
This tasty pizza showcases of one of my favorite olive oils—Olio Nuovo. Literally "new oil," Olio Nuovo taste like pure, fresh greenness. Best used within three months of being pressed, Olio Nuovo is a bold, strong oil that is best for finishing dishes. It's not in our online catalogue, but give us a call or shoot us an email and we'll make sure you get some Olio Nuovo.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly dust a pizza pan or baking sheet with flour.
- Heat Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and allow to caramelize, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On a floured surface, roll pizza dough out into a 10-12” circle. Transfer dough to pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Using a rubber spatula or butter knife, spread the ricotta over the dough, leaving about 1” edge for a crust. Spread out the salami slices evenly throughout the pizza. Scatter the caramelized onions and tomato chunks in between the salami slices. Sprinkle the whole thing with the Parmesan and a sprinkling of freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is browned in spots. Drizzle with Olio Nuovo.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Find this recipe at www.theolivepress.com/blog/entry/salami_pizza_with_olio_nuovo