BLT Caesar Salad Recipe from Cookbooks and Corks
2 heads Romaine lettuce or 6 heads baby Romaine hearts
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 lb smoked bacon
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1 1/2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut bacon into a medium dice and cook in a skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Wash lettuce leaves and spin dry.
- Cut crosswise into 1 1/2" pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Place bowl in refrigerator.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place all ingredients except olive oil and Parmesan cheese and process until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups olive oil slowly through the feed tube with the machine running until dressing is thick. Turn off machine.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan and pulse a couple of times.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Add bacon and tomatoes and toss again.
- Finally, add 1/2 cup Parmesan and the croutons and toss again.
Find this recipe at www.theolivepress.com/blog/entry/blt-caesar-salad-recipe-from-cookbooks-and-corks