Recent Blog Entries
- Not Your Average Ketchup and Mustard
- Celebrating with Intention
- The Olive Press New Production Manager, Chris Gilmore
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
Sunshine Slaw with Lemon-Lime Dressing
Posted by Olivia on Wed, April 27, 2011
Having received our recent line of gourmet mustards, we’ve been excited to get cooking with them in the kitchen. Earlier in the week was grilled steak, and of course we wanted to balance that with some yummy vegetables. Today, a fresh coleslaw with our Meyer Lemon Wasabi Mustard, made into a sweet and citrusy dressing that works great with the vegetables.
“Forget your troubles, c’mon get happy!” feels like the mantra for this delightful spring salad. It’s got color, crunch, and sunshine-ey flavor. We ate it and felt happy!
4 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cups thinly julienne carrots
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
½ cup chopped fresh parsley (or mint or cilantro)
1/3 cup Lime Olive Oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Meyer Lemon Wasabi Mustard
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine cabbage, carrots, onion, and herbs in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a separate small bowl. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss well to coat. Serve immediately or chill for several hours for flavors to fully develop.
Makes about 4 servings.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel