Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Posted by Olivia on Fri, August 27, 2010
A 2-ingredient recipe? What could be simpler?
If you have garlic, Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil (its bold olive flavor shines through even after roasting), foil and a few minutes, you can easily throw together this luscious, creamy, fragrant treat. Whirl it into salad dressings, smear it over chicken before roasting, spread it on baguettes--the possibilities are endless.
4 whole heads of garlic (peel intact), with about 1/4" of the top sliced off, revealing flat tips of the cloves.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a head of garlic on a sheet of foil, measuring about 12"x12".
- Gather the foil around the garlic head, leaving a little opening at the top.
- Drizzle generously with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fold foil over the opening to close.
- Repeat with remaining garlic heads.
- Transfer foil-wrapped garlic heads to a baking dish (muffin pans work well too). Roast for 28-30 minutes, or until the garlic flesh is very soft.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel