Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Pretty in Pink Easter Cheesecake
Posted by Olivia on Mon, April 18, 2011
Your Easter Sunday holiday just got pretty. This year, you’re making a frozen cheesecake made with fresh seasonal berries, and a luscious lemon filling made with our Gold Medal Limonato.
Easter Sunday can be enough cooking as it is. Between roasting the lamb to chopping the salad and mashing the potatoes, you may be burned out by the time you even think about dessert. Enter the frozen cheesecake. Its delicious, creamy filling is made by tossing everything (quite literally!) into a food processor; the filling is then poured into a graham crust, and the pie is frozen until dessert time. Easy breezy.
As lovely as this picture is, it still doesn’t do this cake justice. It’s a superbly charming cake to place on the dining table, and just wait ‘til you take a bite. Fruity, sweet, and just a hint of Meyer lemon—springtime bliss. You may even want to keep this recipe handy for Mothers’ Day (wink wink!).
1 prebaked graham cracker crust
2 cups mixed berries (we used strawberries and raspberries), plus extra for garnish
1 cup mascarpone cheese
¾ cup Greek yogurt
½ cup honey
3 tablespoons Limonato Olive Oil
Pinch sea salt
- Prebake crust according to package directions, if necessary. Cool completely.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor; puree until smooth.
- Pour berry mixture into prepared graham crust, spreading evenly to fill. Place on a stable plate and freeze until set, at least 2 hours.
- Remove cake from freezer and carefully remove from crust tin. Garnish with berries and serve lightly thawed.
Makes about 8 slices.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel