Recent Blog Entries
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
Pomegranate Glazed Chicken
Posted by Olivia on Fri, June 25, 2010
This chicken dish is perfect for summer. Sticky-sweet, with a nice tang, thanks to the Sherry Balsamic Vinegar. Serve this with a green salad and crusty sourdough bread.
1 whole chicken, skin-on, cut into pieces (innards removed)
1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
2/3 cup Sherry Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp brown sugar
4 sprigs fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir until honey and sugar dissolves.
Place chicken pieces in a large zip-lock bag. Carefully pour marinade over them, press air out of bag and seal. Move bag around to ensure marinade disperses. Refrigerate bag for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from bag and place in a large glass baking dish, spacing chicken evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is tender but fully-cooked.
While chicken cooks, carefully pour remaining marinade from bag into a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil (to kill bacteria), then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes until marinade is thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and carefully fish out thyme stems.
Once chicken has finished baking, brush glaze over each piece. Sprinkle generously with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel