Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Our Top 5 After-Work Dinner Recipes
Posted by Olivia on Wed, September 05, 2012
The kids are back to school, and you’re back to work. And that means back to later evenings of homework, housecleaning, running errands, and trying to stay healthy in between.
Here are our top 5 recipes that are quick to prepare and call upon simple ingredients … so you have more time free in the evening to unwind and relax.
- Broccoli and Garbanzo Beans with Penne. We just love the freshness and ease of this broccoli-packed pasta dish. Chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) make this meatless meal a hearty one, and garlic and parsley give lots of flavor. Bonus: Leftovers make for a great brown bag lunch the next day.
- Turkey Sloppy Joes with Squash and Black Beans. We’ve reinvented the usual Sloppy Joe recipe with this family-friendly version—it’s got black beans for fiber, plus our secret ingredient: canned pumpkin! Enjoy this dinner with a side of roasted fries and green salad.
- Fresh Corn, Heirloom Tomato and Koroneiki Salad. Take a break from the everyday dinner salad and try out this seasonal late summer dish. Fresh corn and tomatoes are tossed with basil and olive oil to make a colorful, refreshing salad. Perfect alongside meat or fish.
- Blood Orange-Soy Salmon. Seafood doesn't have to be complicated, and this recipe proves it. A quick 10 minutes is all it takes to infuse fresh salmon with a delicious blood orange marinade.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon, Olive Oil, and Parmesan. For a healthy side dish that’s full of flavor, try this one out. Lemon, olive oil, and parmesan cheese dress up Brussels sprouts with just 20 minutes in the oven.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel