Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Our Olive Oils Take Three Awards at International Competition!
Posted by Olivia on Fri, May 27, 2011
We’ve just received word that three of our olive oils have taken two Gold and one Prestige Gold medals at the 2011 TerraOlivo Competition!
TerraOlivo is one of the world’s premier international olive oil competitions, and we were one of over 302 entries from 19 countries in total. Talk about an all-inclusive competition! Judged by certified panelists coming from Israel, Spain, Italy, Argentina, and the US, the competition is a means for authenticating true “extra virgin olive oils” as the highest quality available to consumers.
Our medium-intensity Arbequina Olive Oil took a Prestige Gold award, and judging from our consumer reviews, we aren’t surprised! This well-balanced olive oil is fruity, grassy, and bit a bit peppery. Now’s the time to try it, if you haven’t yet.
Taking two Gold awards are our Ascolano and Koroneiki Olive Oils. Both delicate in intensity, these olive oils are what we call “palate pleasers.” Fruity, buttery, and very round, these smooth olive oils have been some of our personal faves for years.
If you’d like to try any of these award-winning olive oils for the first time, check out our Recipe section for cooking ideas. You’ll find salads, pastas, entrees, and even desserts at your disposal. Happy cooking, and thanks for supporting extra-virgin olive oils!
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel