Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
- Home >
- The Olive Press Blog >
- Our Marquesa Extra Virgin Olive Oil Won Best of Class & Gold Medal in Yolo County Fair Competition!
Our Marquesa Extra Virgin Olive Oil Won Best of Class & Gold Medal in Yolo County Fair Competition!
Posted by Olivia on Tue, April 05, 2011
It’s happened again! Our olive oils have swept one of the year’s biggest olive oil competitions with tried and true award-winning votes!
One of our fave extra virgin olive oils, Marquesa, which is the private label of our very own Olive Queen, Deborah Rogers, has won the Yolo County Fair Gold Medal for the third year in a row. This year, it’s also earned a Best of Class Award! Coming from this highly prestigious olive oil competition, we are tickled pink to have received such an honor.
Taking in a grand total of 12 medals at the Yolo County Fair this year, we’re celebrating by toasting our olive oil glasses around the dinner table. Stay tuned for a showcasing of our other prized winners to be announced later in the week.
And if you haven’t tried Marquesa Extra Virgin Olive Oil yet, now is definitely the time. This blend of Tuscan varietal olives meets California olives to create an aromatic, fruity, slightly peppery oil. See what the fuss is all about!
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel