Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Olive Oil-Infused Ice Cream: New Summer Flavor Roll-Out!
Posted by Olivia on Wed, July 18, 2012
The sun is blazing, you’re relaxing barefoot on the patio, and the trees are blowing gently in the warm breeze. How good does a bowl of cooling ice cream sound right about now? Pretty good, we bet. What about a bowl of locally produced ice cream, made with extra virgin olive oil and all-natural ingredients? To that, we’d say pretty great!
We’ve been making all-natural ice cream at The Olive Press for the last two years now, and we’re proud to sell it inside our Sonoma retail location here in California. Using our in-house extra virgin olive oils, our ice creams have a smooth, thick consistency and a wonderful fresh flavor. It’s everything you love from a regular ice cream, but with the added touch of heart-healthy olive oil!
We’ve just rolled out a new ice cream flavor, in time for your backyard barbecues and poolside parties: Blood Orange! It’s got all of the invigorating, citrusy flavor and aroma of our Blood Orange Olive Oil, plus the lusciousness of our regular in-house extra virgin ice cream.
Top off a scoop of our ice cream with fresh berries and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and you’ve got yourself an adult summer treat that even the kiddos will enjoy.
Next time you’re in the area, swing by our Sonoma location to pick up a pint or half-pint of our in-house ice cream!
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel