Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Olive Curing Seminar - Sunday, January 9th, 2011
Posted by Olivia on Thu, January 06, 2011
The Olive Festival continues in full swing at The Olive Press with seminars, tastings, and fundraisers all coming around the corner.
We’re particularly excited for a seminar that’s happening this weekend, on Sunday, January 9th. The Olive Curing Seminar (11:00-2:00) held adjacent to The Olive Press at Jacuzzi Family Vineyards will be led by renowned olive expert Don Landis, offering his vast knowledge and personal olive curing techniques to fellow olive enthusiasts. Learn about growing and harvesting olives, and receive Don Landis’ recipe for “no lye” curing.
In addition to the seminar, stop by The Olive Press tasting room. We are offering a “no reservations required” group tour of our state-of-the-art olive mill and grounds. Get an up close view of how olive oil is made! Tour times are 10:15 and 1:30. Finish off your tour with a complimentary tasting--that's always a hit!
We hope to see you there!
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel