Recent Blog Entries
- Not Your Average Ketchup and Mustard
- Celebrating with Intention
- The Olive Press New Production Manager, Chris Gilmore
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
Minted Cucumber Watermelon Salad
Posted by Olivia on Mon, June 06, 2011
Simple ingredients, used at their peak season of freshness, make some of the tastiest (and healthiest!) of meals. We’re currently on a farmers’ market produce kick, so all of our meals have been minimally processed and seasoned gently, with just olive oil, vinegar, and citrus. It’s easy, and it’s so light!
Just out of our test kitchens, a salad recipe that works for any time of day: Minted Cucumber Watermelon Salad. The subtle sweetness and watery-crisp textures of this dish make it an uplifting part of breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Just the tiniest bit of peppery Lunigiana Organic Olive Oil picks up the flavors and really makes them pop. Add a poached egg for a light breakfast; serve it alongside a whole grain sandwich for lunch; or try it with grilled chicken or fish for dinner.
Savor the flavors of the season!
1 large cucumber, cut into quarters, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1 cup cubed watermelon
¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon Lunigiana Olive Oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well to coat. Serve immediately or chill up to 4 hours.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel