Recent Blog Entries
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Pound Cake with Blueberries
Posted by Olivia on Fri, November 27, 2009
This cake is testament to the fact that baking with olive oil is indeed a good idea. Rich, vibrant meyer lemon Limonato olive oil shines through in this moist cake, complementing the fresh blueberries perfectly. Other potential flavor combinations that would work in this cake are fresh raspberries with lime olive oil or blackberries with blood orange olive oil.
I made this for dessert at a dinner party and enjoyed it for breakfast the next day. The inclusion of olive oil means a very rich, moist cake that maintains its moisture for days.
2 cups sugar
5 very cold eggs
1 cup milk (any kind but skim)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 pint blueberries, rinsed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" cake pan (square or round) and set aside.
Whisk together olive oil, sugar, eggs and milk. Gently stir in flour, salt and baking powder until a thick batter forms. Fold in blueberries.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel