Recent Blog Entries
- Not Your Average Ketchup and Mustard
- Celebrating with Intention
- The Olive Press New Production Manager, Chris Gilmore
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
Honey-Mustard Glazed Grilled Pork and Pineapple Kebabs
Posted by Olivia on Wed, May 04, 2011
This past weekend was warm and bright out, so we couldn’t resist rolling out the grill for an afternoon of sun and backyard dining. Using one of our new gourmet mustards, the intensely peppered Smokin’ Hot Mustard, we whisked up a grilling marinade to glaze over juicy pork and pineapple kebabs. If you’re a bit scared of the heat in the mustard, this marinade recipe is perfect for you—buttery Mission Olive Oil and a bit of honey really cut the spice and round out the flavor.
Enjoy these easy pork and pineapple kebabs over steamed rice with a light spring salad—perhaps our Marinated Bean Salad for starters!
1 pound boneless pork chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
½ pound fresh pineapple chunks
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 orange bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup Mission Olive Oil
¼ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons Smokin’ Hot Mustard
- Combine pork, pineapple, and bell peppers in a large bowl. Combine glaze ingredients in a separate medium bowl; whisk well. Pour over pork mixture; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours to marinate.
- Preheat grill to medium. Soak long wooden skewers in water 10 to 30 minutes.
- Thread pork, pineapple, and bell pepper chunks onto soaked skewers, making 4 to 6 skewers total. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Place kebabs on preheated grill; cook until pork is no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes, turning and brushing with glaze halfway through.
Makes 4 skewers.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel