Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Grilled Sardines with Lemon and Olive Oil
Posted by Olivia on Fri, July 08, 2011
Uuber-easy is the name of the game with this classic Mediterranean recipe.
Grilled sardines are a completely different beast than the oil-packed, canned ones, and they come to life with just a bit of lemon juice and olive oil. We used our robust Italian Blend Olive Oil, since its spice and aroma hold up well to the grill, and finished off with only citrus and seasonings, this summer dinner is done in under 10. Serve it up with a side of olive tapenade, garlic bread, and cheeses for a lovely platter.
8 medium sardines, cleaned, head and tail intact
2 tablespoons Italian Blend Olive Oil, plus more for serving
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
16 rounds thinly sliced lemon
4 lemons, halved, for serving
Black olives, for serving
- Preheat grill to high. Drizzle sardines with oil and season on all sides with salt and pepper. Place 2 sliced lemon rounds inside each sardine.
- Place sardines on grill and cook until just done, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle additional olive oil over cooked sardines; serve immediately with lemon halves and olives.
Makes about 4 servings.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel