Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Grilled Salmon with Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa
Posted by Olivia on Fri, April 15, 2011
We are on a crash course all the way to summer, and every day we’re gobbling up seasonal fruits and veggies along the way!
Recently we received a customer suggestion on our Facebook Fan Page to try pairing strawberries with our Jalapeno Olive Oil. Jalapeno and strawberries? Oh, yah. I tell ya, our customers know more about good food than we do most of the time. A winning suggestion!
What better way to serve grilled wild salmon than with a freshly tossed fruit salsa? How about a strawberry-jalapeno salsa? Hot diggety!
Our immensely popular Jalapeno Olive Oil just won a Gold Award from the Yolo County Fair—it’s been such a hit with customers that we’ve run out of supplies in the past! Whipped up into a fruity, spicy salsa, spooned over simple grilled salmon, it’s a total taste sensation.
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions!
4 (6-ounce) wild salmon fillets
2 tablespoons Sevillano Olive Oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 pint strawberries, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon Jalapeno Olive Oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Guacamole, for serving
- Preheat grill. Brush salmon to coat with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon until fish flakes easily, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa: Combine strawberries, cilantro, Jalapeno Olive Oil, honey, and lime juice in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- To serve, place salmon on serving plates. Top with a scoop of guacamole and a generous spoonful of salsa.
Makes 4 servings.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel