Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Traditional Greek Salad
Posted by Olivia on Wed, July 20, 2011
We get asked all the time in our olive oil tasting room: how do you make the perfect Greek salad?
It’s a simple salad often served at Mediterranean restaurants, and it’s actually very easy to make at home—especially if you are well-stocked with quality olive oil and balsamic. In our version, the classic Greek vinaigrette is made with our Koroneiki Olive Oil, a robust oil that embodies the green, spicy, and exotic flavors of this type of cuisine, and our Sherry Balsamic Vinegar, which helps to round out the spice and throat tickle from the olive oil.
You can’t go wrong with this salad. Chop up the vegetables in rough, non-uniform shapes to give the dish color, texture, and flare, and be liberal with the vinaigrette and herbs. It’s a refreshing salad that can complement any protein entrée or even stand on its own for a nutritious lunch.
1 large tomato, cut into wedges
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion, sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
½ cup halved pitted black olives
¼ cup chopped parsley
3 tablespoons Koroneiki Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Sherry Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine all veggies in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together oil, vinegar, and oregano in small bowl; pour over veggies. Toss well, top with cheese, and serve.
Makes about 4 servings.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel