Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Fresh Figs and Mozzarella in Honeyed Lemon Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Tue, October 05, 2010
Fresh figs are in season in California, and if you are lucky enough to find them at your farmers’ market, snag a basket while you can! These sweet and savory fruits are filled with Nature’s own jam, and they make for great snacks, salads, and desserts.
Figs are one of those fruits that pair well with cheeses and oils, so I took a classic recipe and gave it The Olive Press twist. Our Limonato Olive Oil, with its superb lemony flavor, gets whisked with honey and lemon juice to make a divine drizzling sauce. Poured over fresh mozzarella, figs, and basil, it makes for one delicious dish. Enjoy this seasonal treat as a meal, snack, or dessert.
12 whole figs
2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
5 fresh basil leaves, torn
1 tablespoon Limonato Olive Oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Slice each fig as though you are going to quarter it, but don't cut all the way to the bottom. Leave the bottoms intact, and gently pull each quarter outward, forming fig flowers. Place on serving platter.
- Tear the mozzarella into small pieces. Stuff each fig with a dab of cheese, and scatter extra cheese around serving platter. Scatter basil atop.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, honey, and salt together. With a small spoon, lightly drizzle sauce over entire platter. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 small servings.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel