Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Fresh Corn, Heirloom Tomato and Koroneiki Salad
Posted by Olivia on Mon, September 13, 2010
Floral, fruity Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil proves the perfect match for ripe heirloom tomatoes, crisp corn and fresh basil. This simple salad comes together in minutes but will leave guests talking about it all night. Serve as alongside barbequed meat, chicken or fish.
This recipe works well with heirloom cherry tomatoes (halved) or full-size heirloom tomatoes (diced).
3 ears of fresh corn, shucked
2 lbs heirloom tomatoes (halve, if using cherry heirlooms, dice if using full-size heirlooms)
2 large handfuls of fresh basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the corn cobs. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- Toss the corn kernels with heirloom tomatoes and basil.
- Drizzle with the Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel