Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Curried Brussels Sprouts and Lentils with Blood Orange Olive Oil
Posted by Olivia on Fri, December 28, 2012
Now that the season of heavy holiday fare has passed, we’re ready to ring in the New Year with deliciously fresh veggies, grains, and nutrient rich recipes. This one has a warm curried flare, offering some variation and spice. We used Brussels Sprouts and kept it vegetarian, but feel free to add meat, like chicken or pork, and substitute your favorite seasonal vegetable such as butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, or mushrooms.
1 lb or about 4 cups Brussels Sprouts cut into quarters
1 sliced onion
6 cloves of chopped garlic
1 cup cooked lentils
1/4 cup chopped dried fruit of choice, we recommend apricots
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 cups yogurt or coconut milk
2 Tbsp Ras el Hanout, curry powder, or your favorite assortment of spices
2 Tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Heat Blood Orange Olive Oil in a frying pan and add the onions and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and the onions begin to appear translucent.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sauté for about 5 minutes or until they begin to wilt but aren’t fully cooked.
- Add the lentils and stir in until fully integrated and add the spices. Add some more Blood Orange Olive Oil, the yogurt or coconut milk, and dried fruit. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Top with nuts and serve!
- Add some more Blood Orange Olive Oil, the yogurt or coconut milk, and dried fruit. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Top with nuts and serve!
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel