Recent Blog Entries
- Not Your Average Ketchup and Mustard
- Celebrating with Intention
- The Olive Press New Production Manager, Chris Gilmore
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
Champagne Balsamic Fig Jam
Posted by Olivia on Wed, June 16, 2010
This easy jam requires very little work but goes far to liven up sandwiches and cheese platters. Try spreading it over a thin round of pizza dough with prosciutto and fontina (bake at 475 for 12 minutes) or brush over chicken breasts before roasting for the easiest yet most sophisticated chicken ever.
lb dried Mission figs, ends removed
1/2 cup Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp honey
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Add 2/3 cup water.
Cook covered, over low heat for 20-25 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and figs are very soft.
Puree using a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
Allow to cool before serving.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups jam.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel