Recent Blog Entries
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
BLT Caesar Salad Recipe from Cookbooks and Corks
Posted by Olivia on Thu, August 05, 2010
Check out the following recipe from Cookbooks and Corks!
2 heads Romaine lettuce or 6 heads baby Romaine hearts
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 lb smoked bacon
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1 1/2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut bacon into a medium dice and cook in a skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Wash lettuce leaves and spin dry.
- Cut crosswise into 1 1/2" pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Place bowl in refrigerator.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place all ingredients except olive oil and Parmesan cheese and process until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups olive oil slowly through the feed tube with the machine running until dressing is thick. Turn off machine.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan and pulse a couple of times.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Add bacon and tomatoes and toss again.
- Finally, add 1/2 cup Parmesan and the croutons and toss again.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel