Recent Blog Entries
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Posted by Olivia on Fri, May 24, 2013
We blended quinoa with local fava beans from Green String Farm in Petaluma, our very own Limonato Olive Oil, ricotta, mint, garlic, and lemon zest, topped it with a simple yogurt sauce, and achieved perfect little bursts of flavor.
This light and zesty Springtime creation stands alone wonderfully over a bed of greens, along side grilled lamb, or as an hors d’oeuvres.
Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce:
1 cup cooked fava beans
¼ cup Limonato Olive Oil
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon lemon zest
6 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup loosely packed mint, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon Limonato Olive Oil
1 ½ cup greek yogurt
½ large cucumber
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 bunch chives, chopped
For the Fritters:
Purree the fava beans with ¼ cup Limonato Olive Oil in the food processor. In a large bowl, mix fava bean mixture with quinoa, ricotta cheese, lemon zest, garlic, mint, and add salt and pepper to taste. Use potato masher to get a smooth consistency.
Form small patties, about 2-3 inches in diameter. Heat Limonato Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, brown the patties on each side (about 5 minutes total).
For the sauce:
Combine yogurt, cucumber, chives, and lemon juice in a bowl and stir until fully mixed.
Top fritters with sauce and serve immediately.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel