Recent Blog Entries
- Not Your Average Ketchup and Mustard
- Celebrating with Intention
- The Olive Press New Production Manager, Chris Gilmore
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
Blood Orange-Coconut Rice Pudding
Posted by Olivia on Fri, August 20, 2010
Bright citrusy notes from the Blood Orange Olive Oil work nicely with the warm vanilla and coconut flavors in this dish, resulting in a quasi-tropical-island-y flavor, perfect for extending summer juuust a little bit longer. Try cooking with soy or almond milk for a vegan version of this dish.
2 tsp Blood Orange Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
1 cup short-grain white or brown rice
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the rice and toast very lightly, stirring frequently. Slowly add the milk, little by little until it is all absorbed (this may take awhile—add more if necessary). Stir in vanilla, brown sugar.. Allow pudding to continue to cook, covered, until soft (about 15 minutes).
- While pudding cooks, toast the coconut in an ungreased frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until coconut is light golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To serve, divide into bowls and garnish with more Blood Orange Olive Oil, toasted coconut and a little mint if desired.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Serves Serves 2-4.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel