Recent Blog Entries
- Not Your Average Ketchup and Mustard
- Celebrating with Intention
- The Olive Press New Production Manager, Chris Gilmore
- Fava Bean, Ricotta, Mint and Limonato Fritters w/ Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
Balsamic-Soaked Berries with Sweet Cream
Posted by Olivia on Fri, February 04, 2011
In keeping with our Valentine’s Day-inspired recipes, we’ve got a dessert recipe that’s bound to satisfy.
We’ve taken the romantic favorite dessert, strawberries and cream, and revamped it in The Olive Press style. Fresh berries soak in one of our newest balsamic vinegar creations, Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, for an unbelievably sweet-tart marinade. Imagine a glass of full, ripe Zinfandel—now imagine being able to eat that glass of Zinfandel. That’s what you get with these berries. Delightful! Topped with a sweet vanilla cream, these berries couldn’t get any more romantic if they tried.
2 tablespoons Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 pint strawberries, halved
¼ cup Mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add strawberries and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Whisk together Mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, place a few berries in a serving glass. Top with a dollop of sweet Mascarpone cream.
Makes 4 small servings.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel