Recent Blog Entries
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Olive Oil Scrub
- Springtime Vegetable Eggs en Cocotte with Harissa Morocco Spice Blend and Arbequina EVOO
- Italian-Style Salsa Verde from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan
- Roasted Asparagus with Walnut-Parmesan Crust
- Our Reusable Totes & Bulk Olive Oil Help You Stay Eco-Conscious
- Pie Crust Berry Kolackis with Lemon Glaze
Avocado Peach Salad
Posted by Olivia on Fri, March 04, 2011
With February behind us, it’s time to start thinking spring—finally! It’s almost kismet that at The Olive Press, we’ve just released a line of new balsamics; they complement spring flavors just perfectly. For newcomers to our balsamics, we highly recommend you try our Peach Balsamic Vinegar; it’s so good that when our kitchen testers first tried it, they wanted to drink it like juice. Really!
To bring out the best of our Peach Balsamic Vinegar, we’ve crafted a salad that’s going to keep your taste buds in peachy heaven from now through summer: an avocado peach salad with fresh berries served on a bed of butter lettuce. Here, buttery flavors of the lettuce, ripe avocado, and our Mission Olive Oil come together with crisp, refreshing flavors of peach and berry. The contrast is to die for. You may want to double this recipe if you have avocado or peach lovers in the family.
1 head butter lettuce, torn
1 avocado, pitted, halved, sliced
1 peach, pitted, halved, sliced
4 strawberries, tops removed, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons Peach Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoons Mission Olive Oil
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Chives, sliced, for garnish
- Plate lettuce among 4 serving plates. Arrange avocado, peach, and strawberry slices atop lettuce on each plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and pepper; Drizzle over arranged salads. Garnish with fresh chives and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
- Something About Sonoma
- Extra Virginity - Truth in Olive Oil
- Slick Extra Virgin
- Blog Well Done
- BrokeAss Gourmet
- Cooking While Eating
- Cooking with Amy
- The Endive Chronicles
- fANNEtastic food
- Let There Be Bite
- Kee Kitchen
- Modernist Cuisine
- Oxbow Public Market
- Tagami Food, Wine & Travel